User-specified Metastrings conflicting with predefined metastrings
|Reported by:||ppragides||Owned by:|
We found a bug in the elgg system that results in some conflicts in some predefined metastrings. In the particular case we found, one of the users entered "Phone" as a venue in the event calendar. This in turn created a new entry in the metastrings database called "Phone".
Since the user profile has already defined "phone" as one of its metastrings, we now have two "phone" entries in the metastrings table (phone and Phone). However, since the code used to retrieve metadata is not case-sensitive, it retrieves the latest entry (Phone) which comes up blank for users on their profile.