Namespace top-level directories
|Reported by:||ewinslow||Owned by:|
Description (last modified by ewinslow)
Wordpress does this. We could take it down to three top-level directories and two top-level files with this approach:
- elgg-engine/ everything else
- elgg-plugins/ Just a renamed "mod"
- uploads/ default location of Elgg filesystem
- README.txt points to other .txt files
- elgg-engine becomes an almost perfect example of what your plugin's structure should look like.
- We all like "plugins" better than "mod".
- Virtually eliminates chances for conflicts when we implement #2228.
- Encourages use of page handlers even more because now you'd have "elgg-plugins" in your url (yuck)
- Default location of data directory makes common setup even easier
Change History (6)
Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.