Default Widgets dublicated
|Reported by:||sergiy.kamolov||Owned by:|
- Login as admin
- Open Admin panel > Appearance : Default Widgets
- Click on Dashboard tab and add a few widgets
- Try to create a new user from admin panel
- Login as a new user
Actual result: When I try to move some widget to another place, and refresh the page - another widget appear on old place. So for every widget registered two entities with the same position, so on placed under other.
Also I try to investigate this behavior and spend some time for debugging. I found that there are two event registered for creating default widgets, and both of them try to create widgets on profile page and dashboard page:
May be some issue in /engine/lib/widgets.php within line 350 and 357. For now we just check "entity_subtype" to recognize what set of widgets should be copied for users, but we never check "widget_context" and as result system twice cloned the same widgets.
Change History (3)
comment:1 Changed 17 months ago by cash
- Milestone changed from Needs Review to Elgg 1.8.3
- Severity changed from critical to major
- Version changed from 1.8.1 to 1.8.2