clean up the boot process
|Reported by:||cash||Owned by:||cash|
Here are the issues:
- library loading has two for loops when only one is needed
- library loading should be order independent (rather than requiring actions.php and database.php to be loaded first)
- there is a mix of functions being called directly from start.php and functions registered for the 'boot', 'system' event
- there is code in start.php that can be moved into functions
- there is confusion between loading configuration for Elgg as an application (think datalists stuff) and as a site (think config table or ElggSite entity).
I was trying to working on caching and the way the code was distributed made it difficult to understand/change.
My attempt at cleaning this up: https://github.com/cash/Elgg/tree/boot
Change History (4)
comment:3 Changed 16 months ago by Cash Costello
- Resolution set to fixed
- Status changed from assigned to closed